Sylvan Ranch Community Garden
- 4’x20’ individual plots for individuals, families or groups.
- 4’x20’ raised beds for individuals or groups with mobility challenges.
- Common growing areas for fruit trees, culinary herbs, artichokes, raspberries, asparagus, strawberries, summer squash and pumpkins, and flowers.
Benefits of a Community Garden
- Improves the quality of life for people in the garden
- Provides a catalyst for neighborhood and community development
- Stimulates social interaction
- Encourages self-reliance
- Beautifies Neighborhoods
- Produces nutritious food
- Reduces family food budgets
- Conserves resources
- Creates opportunity for recreation, exercise, therapy, and education
- Reduces crime
- Preserves green space
- Creates income opportunities and economic development
- Reduces city heat from streets and parking lots
- Provides opportunities for inter-generational and cross-cultural connections
Check us out on Facebook!